Nearly every developer will be asked to present to his or her peers at some point. Those that do it well will tend to have an outsized influence on their team, company, and community.
This talk will demonstrate (mostly by example) the straightforward techniques for giving excellent presentations, from a veteran conference speaker and teacher.
Topics to cover include:
* Phrases that turn your audience against you.
* Basic body language tips that affect perception.
* How to be more interesting than the internet.
* The power of live coding and demos.
* Being funny without resorting to reddit memes.
* How to get plenty of questions during Q&A.
* How to get an unfair amount of talk acceptances (aka 'Bribing conference organizers').