Video recording and post production done by OpenStack Foundation.
This talk will cover practical considerations for monitoring Openstack in the enterprise. Jonathan Kelly, Openstack Architect and former Monitoring Architect at Rackspace, and Jake Briggs, Openstack Engineer at Rackspace will share their experience and practical guidance for monitoring production Openstack clouds. The approach is product agnostic, so is applicable to any monitoring solution.
The audience can expect to walk away having learned:
* The benefits of a robust monitoring solution
* The difference between alerting and performance metrics, and why this distinction is critical
* The importance of a correlation and suppression strategy in removing noise from the monitoring system
* How to create an effective alerting system
* How to leverage alerting and performance metrics for service level validation
* How to leverage performance metrics for growth forecasting